Thursday 15 May 2008

Introducing the one and only Miss.Russe

Alright Now Here We Go....

Okay so this is my first ever post on this blog and frankly I don't know what you're supposed to say in an introductory post on a blog!!Maybe I should perhaps first outline WHY exactly I have started to have a blog or something along those lines?That sounds about right to me, so lets begin.

As stated in the title of this blog, I am an art student in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Yes, that's right the place that for some thirty years had some of the bloodiest fighting between religions in modern history. Many people died on both sides of the fence but we are now ((hopefully)) long past this and have reverted to talking peacefully to resolve problems. So with this I have decided to start a blog about my life in Belfast ((and back home in the small town I live in, tho I shall be moving to Belfast this coming year)) and love of fashion,art,music,history etc. So lets begin with the name....

'Get Thee to a Catwalk,' is quite self explanatory if you know Shakespeare at all. As it taken from , 'Get Thee to A Nunnery.' And the URL name is Miss.Bonnie Butler, Rhett and Scarlet's daughter in , Gone With the Wind. Which so happens to be my most favourite movie of all time EVER. And now for more about me and the weather....

What is with the user name?
'Russe' is the French word for Russia and I have unnatural obssession with the country. Mainly Imperial Russia from 1894-1917, as communist Russia makes my blood boil. You could say I am somewhat of Russian Monarchist and you would be quite right. My art work is also based on Czar Nikolas the 2nd's third eldest daughter, Maria Romanova. She also happens to be one of my idols. Femme Fatale is quite explanatory, I think. I use French words for English ones as I also adore France and everything French. I am happier speaking French than English and the very thought of Paris makes my knees go weak.

So Who are you exactly?
Well I'm an artist, photographer, fashion lover, historian, friend,an eccentric and somewhat random person. I won't reveal my real name here as I dont want to as I like the idea of having another persona. I am coming 21 in June though and I am quite shy but loud and weird around my friends. I am somewhat in love with a certain type of biscuit from Marks and Spencers. This biscuit has become so much a faveourite between me and my friends that we bring them on nights out and dream about them. You can think what you want and try to decipher who I am from the photos on this blog.

So what do you say you're style is like?
Well I think its a mix of A LOT of different things. Mainly vintage inspired, especially 1940s inspired-with a touch of Grunge, Kinderwhore and dark gothic tones. I LOVE Vintage clothing and for some reason no matter what way I dress I do somehow manage to look like I am from the Edwardian,Victorian, 1920s-1950s era and French. Though I do not complain. I also LOVE Chanel with no bounds. I do not use any other mascara,eyeliner,lipstick or nail varnish than that of Chanel. Foundation to. I would do anything for a Red quilted 2.55 Chanel bag.

Who are you style icons/Idols in general?
My style icons are definetly Mary-Kate Olsen ((Her whole grunge-yet-luxe look is amazing)), Karl Lagerfield, The L..A. Party Scene on the Cobrasnake, Axl Rose, Courtney Love circa Kinderhwore era,Katy Perry, Girls from Facehunter, Old Hollywood actresses, The French Resistance. I also idolise Anne Frank, Miep Gies, The Grand Duchess Maria Romanova of Russia, Jean Harlow, Vivien Leigh, Katherine Hepburn.

No comments: