Saturday 24 May 2008

New Pur-Chases

So I got paid last Friday and was overcome with glee with the amount I got paid! All those long hours and horrible customers paid off. I could finally contemplate to get things I had been practically drooling over for a month. Most of these things were on a list that I had made after looking at F/W 08/09 RTW shows. On this included Orange or Red tights a la Luella, Flouncy Victorian-esque flouncy shirts, long grey and black cardigans a la Chanel and black velvet coats and ethnic prints a la Anna Sui. But I ended up just getting a few accesories more than anything and a couple of pair of tights from Primark. Though I did go back to Primark on Wedensday really really early ((this was the day I went with my friend.)) And I picked up a few items that are on trend now. Though I do think these can be adapted into F/W 08/09 trends.


And about the name of this post sometimes I like to say 'pur-chases' instead of 'purchases.' Its sort of a pun on to 'chase' for something as in you are on a chase to get the perfect item before anyone else!


First Item:


This is a Navy not black ((the lighting is really bad in my room)) jump suit from Primark. £8.00 and a size ten.Also available in Red, White and I think Black. I must admit that I did just buy it for the Nautical belt and I never really liked the whole trend of jumpsuits to be honest. But I could not resist this one becuase as a good friend who accompanied me on the trip to Primark mentioned you could dress it up or down for day or night wear. The material is not the best quality, but one expects this from Primark. And I will have to pin and sow the backs and sides of this as it is a little bit too big with me. Overall I am happy with this purchase.


Second Item:

This was £6.00 again Primark. Size 12 available in a Red checkered version. Im not a size twelve BUT I bought it this big becuase I like a bigger fit in shirts. I also bought the bigger size becuase during the summer I will be going out a lot and I want to wear this with just shorts, tights and platform stillettos a la Mary Kate. A little bit slutty maybe but I do love that trashy bag lady look!

Third Item:

This is one of four items I bought from the Topshop in Belfast's accesory sale. I bought it becuase flowers and corsages seem to be the items du jour and of the coming season. I don't know if I would wear this in my hair as I might feel a bit paranoid but Ive being adapting to the sens of being 'fun and fearless' with fashion. So who knows I might wear this in my hair! It was £2.00 reduced from either £8.00 and £10.00.

Fourth Item:


This again was £2.00. I had been wanting to get this for some time but did not want to part with £8.00. I confess the only reason I really bought this is becuase it reminds me of the straps for Chanel's lambskin quilted bags! I could wear this as a necklace or in my hair as a headband.

Fifth Item:

Finally a good picture with my expensive camera! lol I love love love this bracelet it was again £2.00 and what a bargain! It can go with everything. Im gonna have to take good care of it becuase it is already chipped!

Sixth Item:

Now this is my faveourite bargain fromt the Topshop sale!! I love anything to do with birdcages and have the birdcage necklace that Topshop had for sale last Summer. I think this one is unusual though as the bird is not in the cage it has escaped and is flying free.
Over all I am extemely pleased with my purchases albeit the somewhat to big jump suit from Primark. I think I could adapt the jumpsuit to look somewhat stylish. I can take the belt of and use it as a scarf or leave it on. If I was to take of the scarf I would wear that cream top that Im wearing in my outfit post below with my long black grungey caridgan, black tights, boots and some mad mix of Jewellery. I would possibly curl my hair and style it in a 1940's style. Looking like im from the War is something that I have become quite good at!
If I was wearing it with the scarf, I would wear over the knee socks or tights and my high Irregular Choice shoes *I will have to post a picture of them-I love them so much!* and my anchor brooch on a necklace. I would so love to wear a white sailor hat but I was to wear that out people would think I would be on a themed night out! Bad times!







6 comments:

alloftheabove said...

ooh nice purchases! :) i lovee getting new things after getting my paycheck. haha anyways yes! lets link! :)
<3
AC&CC

alloftheabove said...

thanks for your help! :) im soo excited to go to topshop as i've been hearing about it and looking on their website forever. sadly the only one in the us thats opening is in ny which i only get to visit probably once a year. im also excited to check out the h&m just to see the difference.

alloftheabove said...

oh and.. how is the weather? i dont know what i should be expecting. thanks so much!

karla deras said...

ahhhh! love the jumper! too bad it's so freakin hard for me to find one that fits me :(

Miss.Russe Femme Fatale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss.Russe Femme Fatale said...

Hey its so hard for me to find things that fit to. But Primark seems to do the trick-its a shame they dont have a decent online webstie! And if at all possible could we swap links? :)